Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Armored Flight

Psalm 11:1-3 (KJV)
In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? [2] For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. [3] If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

If the time stamp on this post is any indication, this verse has great significance to me right now. I am so tired, so I'm going to go to sleep now...

Anyone else feeling the Same way as me and the author (David, btw, if I'm not mistake; the man had hordes of enemies.)?

Basically: God is ifinite, yet we are but mortal men and women, fragile and breakable. If owe enemies overwhelm us, what can we do about it?

Well, my friends, call on God of course (while it is the logical conclusion, I didn't just pull that our of my sleeve; read the rest of the verse for more. Some unsavory things happen to those archers in wait of God's bir- i mean, children. Bird children? Sorry, it's late and I'm out of it...). Just know, He is all powerful and more than able to defend those He loves. He can save us when we can not save ourselves (so, constantly).

Anyway, goodnight readers! Thanks for your patronage, and I hope that, in return, I have written something which you have found purposeful, interesting, enjoyable, something good...

"Farewell...May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks."*

~RRC

*I know this is the answer to the greeting technically, but it sounded better. Sleep well, LOTR junkies!

No comments:

Post a Comment