Tuesday, October 23, 2012

24 Hour Comic Sketches: Automaton

Here is the automaton sketch from my 24 Hour Comic attempt. This is the one I am most pleased with out of all the automaton sketches. I wanted him to appear more clockwork, similar to the automaton in Hugo and the book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, upon which it was based, starkly contrasted by the ray gun gothic, retro-futurism zeerust feel of the rest of the robots and machines. I wanted him to appear "old science" so to speak, nearing Frankenstein and alchemy and a 9 sort of feel. Note that his face seems bolted on; I was thinking it would be a malleable metal that could show facial expression uninhibited, demonstrating that he was a very advanced and complicated device, despite his primitive look. Sorry about the rest of the sketches, but really these were the very best in my opinion.


© rrc, some rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment