Saturday, October 20, 2012

24 Hour Comic (5)--- Finite

Well, that went pretty poorly. Curse my inability to say no to people! Maybe if I had stayed at home all day...

Anyhow, I have concept sketches, a not-so-wonderful plot sketch (no dialogue, therefore no "script" in the traditional sense; just fragments that make sense to moi and moi alone), and sketches of the first two pages (the rest were not up to my standard -_-). So, yeah, i wasn't ready. I suppose I still could have done it, but... No such luck. I am tempted to do it tomorrow, but then I suppose I couldn't submit it and it just wouldn't feel the same. Oh well, at least i still have OctPoWriMo...

I think I will, however, take pity on the story and finish the "Window scene", paint and all, just because it was quite nice a scene and I rather liked it. 

Oh well, better luck next year! I'm actually rather pleased, truth be told; I had a lovely time today, met some new people, invented a new species, world, story, and cast of characters, and got a taste of what I'm capable of. I realized that I may very well be able to skip steps because of my ability to do several processes (such as visualize a story unfolding, and the perspective angle through which it goes about, and the panel placement) simultaneously. And I can apparently create a fascinating group of characters and snippets of a story in a very short period of time.

I just have really, somewhat, really poor time management and a lack of ability to refuse to do cool stuff. 

But I can do it. And I will do it. Just not right now.

Anyways, good night all, I will be off to sleep.

Thank you for putting up with me. ;)

~rrc

No comments:

Post a Comment