Friday, December 30, 2011

Um...Merry Christmas (I'm late, aren't I)?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Okay, sorry, I'm just zaney, aren't I? I updated my Towel Day post before posting about Christmas, despite not even officially celebrating Towel Day! (yet...)

Well, anyhow, Merry Belated Christmas Everyone! :)

So, We did some fun things on Christmas, had some family get-togethers, and, most importantly, we thanked God for the real reason for the season (sounds cheesy, but thanking God for sending his Son each year couldn't be more important, IMHO...).

We also decided to do something kind of different; didn't have a ton of ornaments this year (after moving and all; sorry I never mentioned that before, but it's something I didn't feel comfortable disclosing much...), so we borrowed ornaments and, at my suggestion, being the "Semi-Otaku" I am, we made paper cranes for our tree. And they were gorgeous, if I do say so myself! (I’ll post a pic or too when I can…) [Edt: And, here's my pic! :) ]

 
Also… there were these cool Star Wars DIY ornaments I found on Boing Boing… but when I can. [Edit: I can :) ]


You can find the post here. The site the snowflakes came from is right here. Another person elaborated on the design and made even more characters; their site can be found here.

 
Anyway, I learned how to make Paper Cranes from this super helpful tutorial, and it just might, in fact, help you too.



Have a very origami belated Christmas ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment