Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Movie Poster

 Okay, okay, one more and I'm good!

I hope I don't get burned, seeing as this is a viral movie poster (and I most certainly own nothing) but I found this movie poster (here) and thought it was cool, so hey, you know...?
  



All in all, the design of this robot is very cool. I especially appreciated the segments in his amour; they allow a large amount of movement, and keep him lighter (which can allow for better speed), but the spaces in between are too small to allow the opponent robot any real advantage. The proportions are atheistically pleasing while still retaining a dangerous, realistic look. Artistically speaking, the designs is deceptively simple (for a humanoid build), but convincingly appears a state of the art, complex and deadly machine.

I guess that's really why I loved the movie. Hugh Jackman, the kid, and the fight scenes aside (okay, not completely aside), it's really dialed in to my love of robots, hearkening to a sci-fi-obsessed 12-year-old sketching robot designs on computer paper, dreaming of the day when she would build and possess a ‘bot of her own. I’m not sure what it means, this cinematic celebration of my much younger, more certain self.

But I’m pretty sure it’s why I posted this picture, thinking it was worthy to share with the world.

Hey, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment