Sunday, December 2, 2012

PerNoWriMo

Well, if you've been following my NaNo journey, you know that it didn't quite reach its destination.

Which is actually kind of weird for me, because if there's one commitment to myself I take seriously, it's NaNo.


So i spent the whole day sitting in an internal soul shark cage, waiting for the disappointment and anger and self hate and disgust to come biting.


Boy did it ever.


I couldn’t even believe myself. I had shortchanged myself, and I wasn’t even sure how it happened. Life crushed the breath out of me, and I completely allowed it.

Well, I can’t say I’m past those feelings, but I eventually realized that God loved me and I still had my family and friends and my pretty things and all my life and my soul (even if it was a self-abusing little numbskull), and it would all be ok. I asked myself, how exactly would this be ok?

I stared at my soul stupidly, and replied that I didn’t have an answer to that, but if I know God, this is not the end of anything.

Then my soul remarked that it was certainly the end of NaNo. Troll.

But then I thought, wait just a darn minute! It may be the end of National Novel Writing Month, but Personal Novel Writing month is just beginning!


And so, ladies and gentleman, December is now Personal Novel Writing Month, for all of you whom life knocked off your feet in November. Same goal, none of the formality. It’s actually a bit more of a challenge if you think about it; you have to rely on yourself for the 50% +/- of the focus you formerly gave to the constructs of NaNo. I do recommend, however, that if you feel like joining me and all, you let someone else know, so they can help keep you on track and celebrate with you when you succeed.

50,000 word novel, here we come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment